Saturday, August 30, 2008

Heading north!!



Well, we are finally on the last leg. We crossed back over the Mississippi River from Texas into Louisiana. The last time we crossed it was Aug. 1 in Saint Louis. It was nice to be back East but I was sad that our monumental vacation is coming to an end.


We had a really nice couple of days with my mom and Gregory. We didn't do much. We were so tired from all the traveling. They made us meals and took good care of us. We were sad this morning to leave, especially since they stayed behind to deal with Gustav, a category 4 hurricane. It was very exciting leaving as people were starting to evacuate from New Orleans. But I was worried thinking about my mom huddling in the kitchen away from all the windows. I'm sure it will be all right but I just don't want them to suffer all the anxiety and/or any damage to the house.


We are staying tonight in an old antebellum house in Columbus, Mississippi. I don't know exactly how I found it. It is enormous, and quite beautiful. Tomorrow we are headed for Nashville and then on to Ohio to visit Herb's family. That will be great and relaxing too. In two weeks, we are starting work!! And a whole new life!! How exciting!!


I did realize from looking back on the blog that I use way too many exclamation points!!!!!!

No comments: