Sunday, August 3, 2008

More Boulder

Last night we had what may have been one of the top 5 meals of my entire life. I had heard about this restaurant when I first began planning the trip and wanted to get in (as our biggest splurge of the trip). I knew that all the reviews were amazing but being the New York food snob that I am, I didn't think it could live up to a Gramercy Tavern, Le Bernadin etc. Anyway, we walked in and got a cute little spot at the community table outside looking out on the sidewalk. It was 85 degrees and dry, perfect weather. I won't go into too many details because I have already spent this entire blog describing food but, it was amazing. Every course was perfect. Briefly, I had cured salmon appetizer, gnocci primi, big eye tuna with apricot and cherry tart!!!! Delish!!! It was as good a meal as I've had anywhere. And the service was wonderful. I learned later by reading a write up on the wall outside the bathroom that the chef and one of the owners were formerly employed by French Laundry. Aaahahhh-then it made sense. I introduced us to the owner and told him how wonderful an experience it was. What a great way to start off our trip!!!!! Although it was cheap by New York standards, I think we might stick with picnics, pitchers of beer and happy hour specials for the next few days to make up for it.

Today is all about hiking. We woke up early because we are still on East Coast time. So it's 730 here. Herb is showering. I am blogging. And soon we will start our full day of Boulder hikes!!!! I forgot my camera last night but there will be tons of pics later from our walks.

No comments: